Galileo is hiring an experienced and mission-aligned Associate Director of Marketing, specializing in marketing automation. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this dynamic leader will oversee our integrated digital and offline demand generation programs, and be a key leader of the company’s future growth strategy.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a passionate and experienced marketing strategist. Demand generation is your zone of genius. You come alive while leading strategic (B2B or B2C) programs including demand and lead generation, email segmentation, and marketing automation. Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud? You’ve got deep and recent hands-on experience with both, including Journey Builder and/or Wave/Einstein analytics.
- You’re a performance and accountability powerhouse. You look at the details of life and work through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency and feel responsible for getting things done. You’re consistently dialed into metrics and gauging ROI—and you design programs specifically toward that end.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. Others marvel at your adept time and project management skills. You see it as a personal goal to crush deadlines, and you have a keen sense of what needs your focus, and when to switch gears from detail management to supportive mentorship.
- You care deeply, and are a servant leader. You measure your success in part by the success of teammates, and by how well you’ve supported cross-functional stakeholders and business partners. You have an inherent sense of empathy for others (customers included), and you view your working relationships as an ecosystem. You feel excited to serve those who rely on you, and you help people grow both personally and professionally, and believe the role of a manager is to lift up—and inspire greatness in—those they supervise and support.
Who are we?
We think the world needs more innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Marketing team is a group of talented storytellers and strategists. They weave the different pieces of Galileo’s mission and vision into a cohesive and inspiring story, constantly expanding our impact. This tight-knit and supportive team works closely with all departments, from Curriculum to Customer Experience to People Operations. You’ll have the opportunity to support, collaborate, and explore the different avenues of design, SEO/SEM, email marketing, and web analytics—all while working in a colorful space surrounded by games and silly costumes.
What’s the job, really?
- You’ll be the visionary, architect, and manager of Galileo’s demand generation strategy with a strong emphasis on company growth through lead generation, pipeline/funnel creation, and customer nurturing. You’ll drive best practices for a repeatable, scalable and predictable demand generation engine that meets business and revenue goals.
- You’ll be a beacon of both stellar strategy and high performance. You’ll ensure outbound programs are properly tracked and measured with critical emphasis on measuring ROI and funnel development using analytics, automation, nurture, personalization and segmentation.
- You’ll become an expert on our existing and potential customers, while tailoring a strategy based on deep empathy, understanding, and research. You’ll oversee market research and provide quantifiable insights into the customer journey, customer demographics, reputation NPI and other intelligence to inform ongoing improvement and growth of demand generation efforts.
- You’ll be a key leader on the Galileo team, and for our core business. You’ll optimize the marketing automation strategy and institute governance to oversee and grow quality customers and leads within the CRM, while regularly communicating progress on assigned business KPIs to company leadership.
- You’ll be a leader and mentor on a close knit team. You’ll weigh in on and support everything from content development to campaigns to promotions. You’ll help set the tone of the group, providing consultation and support to others within the marketing function, bringing industry savvy and a warm, professional presence.
- You’ll masterfully build and maintain cross-functional relationships to better understand and support company-wide and team-specific business objectives.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a related field
- 8+ years of experience leading strategic demand generation, email segmentation, lead generation, marketing automation or related for B2C or combined B2C/B2B business
- Comfort and experience using the following programs and platforms: Microsoft, Google, and Adobe suites; Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Marketo; communication and program management tools (such as Slack, Asana, Basecamp or Trello); analytics systems such as GA, Tableau, Excel or related
- Fundamental knowledge of WordPress, HTML, SEO, PPC or related
- Previous work in creative writing, campaign development, traditional direct mail and/or multi-location marketing a plus
- Demonstrated past experience in event marketing, direct response, e-commerce marketing or similar
- Skilled at, and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Galileo Headquarters, 1021 3rd Street, Oakland, CA 94607