Galileo is looking for a performance-driven, people-focused Director to join our People Operations leadership team, and to be our in-house talent acquisition visionary.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a performance-driven, deeply accountable, data-hungry strategist. Problem solving makes you downright giddy. You look at the details of life through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency and feel responsible for getting things done.
- You love working on talent acquisition. You are hungry for the latest, newest, best ideas in finding great people, and (even in your free time) think about and pursue new information about talent tools, resources and strategy.
- You’re a leader — a servant leader — at heart. You treat all who rely on your work as clients, and have a love for and deep interest in working with people and supporting colleagues and direct reports.
- You care deeply about people. You measure your success in large part by the success of teammates, and you care about helping your people grow both personally and professionally.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition who is both visionary and a deft executor, ready to greet a large-scale hiring operation with eagerness..
- You’ll create and execute the plan to find great people (in large numbers) to join the Galileo team, and will constantly envision ways to do that better, hitting or beating all performance targets along the way. You’ll develop and collaborate on overall strategy, then work with your team to call 3,000 summer staff, 75 Camp Directors and 50 HQ hires to our cause annually. You’ll customize plans for different geographies — from states to specific communities — and collaborate with regional and territory directors.
- You’ll establish the metrics used to track hiring success, measure progress toward goals, and nimbly adjust plans to respond to performance weekly. You’ll regularly communicate hiring progress to hiring team members and the greater company.
- You’ll build Galileo’s bench. You’ll create the plan for sharing our jobs with warm leads, and strategically communicate about key positions.
- You’ll build and manage relationships. With your colleagues, with strategic partners, and with vendors. You’ll collect information and liaise to make our talent game stronger.
- You’ll lead, support, collaborate and develop. You’ll work closely with other People Operations leaders, stakeholders and hiring managers throughout Galileo, and your own team. You’ll be a supportive manager with high expectations, and will thoughtfully push your team to greatness.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years in a talent acquisition role.
- 5+ years of people-oriented management experience and leadership: people want to work with you and for you.
- 5+ years of performance management or metrics accountability responsibility.
- Experience managing vendors and recruiting campaigns, including cost negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling systems.
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our teams and team members benefit from a 3-year minimum commitment.
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.