Galileo is looking for a detail-focused, service-minded relationship builder to join our Customer Success team. The Customer Support Specialist will be the face of Galileo, spreading the word on our programs, welcoming families via phone and email, and guiding them through the enrollment process. This role is the perfect vehicle to grow in the business and marketing fields, as you’ll gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to provide world-class service to thousands of customers.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a visionary collaborator and independent contributor. You can collaborate with others towards a creative vision, but have no issues tackling projects alone.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Quick turnaround times? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re an organized problem solver and eager learner. You love fine-tuning processes, can multitask in a changing environment, and easily absorb a great deal of new information quickly.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them. You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
This isn’t your ordinary Customer Service department. Galileo’s Customer Success team is made up of relationship masters, whose work revolves around a deep sense of pride for Galileo’s programs and an unrelenting commitment to top-notch customer experience. You will join a team of charismatic problem solvers and storytellers, who always operate with thoughtfulness and empathy.
What’s the job, really?
- You’ll act as the voice of Galileo, illustrating the camper experience through the use of compelling narrative to camper families and prospective clients, while identifying opportunities to register for additional weeks of camp and add-on services.
- You’ll respond to a high volume of phone and email inquiries (Galileo expects over 50,000 enrollments in 2018) while maintaining excellent customer service, 100% accuracy and incredibly prompt response time.
- You’ll uphold Galileo’s highest standards of service while serving as the main point of contact for parents and staff, resolving inquiries and responding with empathy to concerns to build lasting relationships.
- You’ll use Salesforce.com to accurately enroll campers and process refunds, cancellations, and session transfers.
- You’ll assist with Galileo’s financial assistance program by working with teammates to review and award financial assistance to approximately 2,800 campers.
- You’ll assist with mailings to customers and other projects as necessary to meet department and company goals.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in a customer service role
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite (CRM experience a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail, with a professional, enthusiastic and warm phone presence
- Experience with consultative sales in a high-touch customer service environment preferred, but not required
- Conversational understanding or fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Schedule & Time Commitment
- Training: December 11th - December 15th. Position begins January 2nd and ends mid-August
- Full and part-time schedules available
Benefits & Compensation
- Temporary Employee (non-benefitted)
- Paid sick leave is accrued at a rate of one hour per every thirty hours worked. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Paid sick leave may be used beginning on the 90th day of employment.
Galileo headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Application Deadline: November 10th, 2017