Galileo is looking for an astute, service-minded Selection Coordinator to join our fast-paced People Operations team. Members of our Selection Team are the first to greet our applicants, review resumes, schedule and conduct interviews, while embodying a constant commitment to candidate care.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a deeply accountable, performance-driven team-player. You take great pride in contributing your talents, leading to concrete success toward both team and individual goals.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Incoming emails? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and keep your calendar in tip-top shape.
- You’re nimble and eager to grow. You’re excited to join a high-functioning team, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them. You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Selection Specialist who not only enjoys delivering exceptional candidate care, but also relishes managing logistical details in support of the success of a team.
- You’ll help manage the pipeline of incredible summer staff, Headquarters and Camp Director applicants, reviewing resumes in our applicant tracking system, leveraging resources to swiftly summarize notes, and ultimately determining how best to direct candidates to hiring managers.
- You’ll impeccably guide candidates and track associated communication throughout the hiring process, which may include everything from application follow-up to interview confirmation calls to reference checks.
- You’ll be the first voice of Galileo to hundreds of candidates. You will exemplify the special Galileo brand of candidate care, skillfully and warmly delivering advocacy and service to candidates via email and phone.
- You’ll envision process improvements and support seasonal staff training plans to create an experience that leaves our candidates feeling uplifted and valued.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative role preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Google Suites, as well as the ability to type 60 WPM
- Experience working with children or in an educational organization helpful, but not required
- Inclusive mindset, with a deep commitment to building diverse environments
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Schedule & Time Commitment
- 40 hours/week, January — July
- 28-40 hours/week, August — December
Benefits & Compensation
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607