Galileo is looking for a detail-oriented coordinator to join our evolving Oakland Headquarters team, and to support the implementation of scalable and efficient technology systems. In this unique role, our Technology Coordinator will have the opportunity to interface with every single function on our growing, multi-city team.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re deeply accountable and determined to get the job done right—always. There’s a big difference between delivering and delivering excellence. You live and breathe that difference, and see it as your place to bring it to fruition.
- You love learning new technology and systems. If you lack experience with something, you recognize it as an opportunity for continued growth rather than an obstacle to overcome. And troubleshooting? It’s your middle name.
- You’ll make it possible for others to do their jobs exceedingly well. You’re a critical thinker and a servant leader who’s continually looking for the best way to reach a goal, and nothing brings you more joy than setting others (and yourself) up for success.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Technology team is responsible for the strategy, support, and implementation of all things tech at Galileo. They understand people, their needs, and how to set them up for success. This tight-knit team of two is adding on this key third team member as Galileo leverages more and more technology to scale sustainably and efficiently. The team is all about learning quickly and growing together!
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Technology Coordinator who not only enjoys all things tech, but also relishes managing logistical details in support of the success of a multi-location team.
- You’ll provide top-notch support to local and remote teams. From managing incoming requests through our help desk to troubleshooting and partnering with our IT support vendor as needed, you’ll be an everyday hero to every single member of our HQ team.
- You’ll welcome new staff into the fold by serving as the tech lead for employee onboarding. You’ll warmly and deftly manage technology onboarding of new HQ staff including everything from imaging computers and creating accounts, to updating records and resources for our entire organization.
- You’ll regularly collaborate with the Director of Technology on refining existing and/or rolling out new initiatives. You’ll wear the project management hat often—conducting initial research, creating detailed project plans and timelines, thoroughly tracking and communicating project updates to stakeholders, and coordinating vendor communication with ease, all leading to smooth tech operations for all.
What are we looking for?
- College graduate, or equivalent combination of work experience and/or education
- 1 year of experience in an IT support role or similar experience
- Multi-stakeholder project management experience highly desired, with the ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
- High level of comfort with Microsoft and Google Suites, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
Benefits & Compensation
- $42,000-48,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607