Galileo is looking for an agile project manager and relationship builder to join our highly-collaborative marketing team and to lead our field marketing efforts.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, joy-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re an organized problem solver. You love fine-tuning operational logistics, ensuring program efficiency, and learning new strategies for driving overall performance.
- You’re a strong collaborator. You can confidently contribute to a creative vision and have the team-oriented mindset to effectively work with others to realize it.
- You believe communication rules. You practice effective communication throughout the entirety of a project and can navigate varying needs across numerous stakeholders.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Marketing team is a group of passionate, talented storytellers and expert business developers. They weave the different pieces of Galileo’s mission and vision into a cohesive and inspiring story, constantly expanding our impact. This tight-knit and supportive team works closely with all departments, from curriculum to customer experience to people operations. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from the best in the business—all while working in supportive, values-driven environment.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Field Marketing Specialist who enjoys putting things in order and relishes managing details in support of the overarching success of a team.
- You’ll skillfully design and execute all field team training for schools and community marketing programs. This includes supporting all territories through designing and developing marketing toolkits and resources for community events, grassroots marketing programs, and more.
- You’ll reimagine—and deftly manage—schools marketing infrastructure for all territories, including creating support materials, developing Salesforce campaigns, and training outreach executors. In collaboration with our Field Operations team, you’ll manage and execute on schools marketing outreach, including Salesforce campaign maintenance, school list development, and more—with more direct ownership of Bay Area efforts.
- You’ll be an expert on your specific audiences, partnering closely with a designer on the development of creative assets for schools and community marketing programs including flyers, postcards, banners, digital assets, etc. You’ll also project manage all field custom asset requests.
- You’ll serve as the primary marketing contact for and key collaborator with Bay Area, Southern California and Chicagoland field teams, as well as specific community partners. This will include developing and track all field specific discount programs and managing the auction donation program.
- You’ll coordinate Galileo’s presence at Bay Area community events including management of registration, event materials, event staff outreach, onboarding, payroll, feedback collection.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in project management, with a proven track record for attention to detail
- Keen ability to build relationships and communicate effectively, both within teams and cross-functionally
- Computer savvy; familiarity with Salesforce, and solid command of Microsoft and Google suites
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- Opportunity to work remotely on Fridays after one year of employment.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer free weeks of camp at Galileo.
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607