Galileo is looking for a high-performing Logistics Coordinator to ensure the smooth delivery of summer camp supplies to our 70+ locations. You will build successful partnerships with third-party vendors to negotiate and coordinate shipping logistics—from pick up at our Hayward warehouse to storage yards, and all the way through to final delivery at our camps.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a performance-driven, deeply accountable, logistics strategist. You have the uncanny ability to see the big picture, as well as the (ever-important) finer details of a plan. You see life through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency and feel responsible for getting things done.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re an organized problem solver. You love tackling challenges and finding solutions, while ensuring program efficiency and learning new strategies for driving overall performance.
- You’re a visionary collaborator. You can confidently contribute to a creative vision and have the team-oriented mindset to effectively work with others to realize it.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Operations and Warehouse team are masters of multitasking and organization, successfully coordinating the purchasing, inventory management, and delivery of all camp materials. You will directly interface with our Curriculum, Field Ops, and Finance teams to provide thousands of young innovators with tools to tinker and create. Plus, you’ll do it in a place filled with glue sticks and googly eyes, pool noodles and paper mache. It’s behind-the-scenes magic in the making, all year long.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Logistics Coordinator who is both visionary and thorough, ready to implement a plan for a large scale logistics operation.
- You’ll be a logistics master who can put all the pieces of the puzzle together. You’ll create and execute the plan to deliver supplies for over 60,000 camper enrollment weeks, working with our logistics and equipment vendors to ensure everything lands smoothly and our staff teams feel supported.
- You’ll work closely with our internal databases to support the work of the production team. You’ll create orders to guide our production team’s packing schedule and supply kitting process. You’ll also regularly partner with our Purchasing Coordinator to align on key materials throughout the season.
- You’ll collaborate with our inventory coordinator on managing the physical space of the warehouse. You’ll oversee any infrastructure buildout and procurement of warehouse equipment to keep our team running like a well-oiled machine.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years of experience in vendor management
- Experience in project management and managing work plans
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Windows OS
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment.
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs
Galileo Learning’s Warehouse, 2350 Davis Avenue, Hayward, CA