Galileo is looking for a highly motivated, service-minded Warehouse Administrative Specialist to join our Hayward Warehouse team. This crucial teammate will be integral to the administrative success of the purchasing sub-function, while also supporting general office management of warehouse.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a deeply accountable, service-minded powerhouse. You take great pride in leveraging your administrative talents to support others. It’s part of your personal brand to be a quick, thorough and friendly teammate, and take ownership over anything on your plate.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re an organized problem solver. You love fine-tuning operational logistics, ensuring program efficiency, and learning new strategies for driving overall performance.
- You’re a visionary collaborator. You can confidently contribute to a creative vision and have the team-oriented mindset to effectively work with others to realize it.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Operations and Warehouse team are masters of multitasking and organization, successfully coordinating the purchasing, inventory management, and delivery of all camp materials. You will directly interface with our Curriculum, Field Ops, and Finance teams to provide thousands of young innovators with tools to tinker and create. Plus, you’ll do it in a place filled with glue sticks and googly eyes, pool noodles and paper mache. It’s behind-the-scenes magic in the making, all year long.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Warehouse Administrative Specialist who relishes managing details in support of the success of the team.
- You’ll provide general support to our Purchasing Coordinator and greater warehouse team. You’ll track delivery of purchase orders, cleanup and maintain our internal databases, communicate with vendors, and perform special projects as assigned. You’ll joyfully process internal supply requests, communications with our facility landlord, and manage staff shared space.
- You’ll manage financial details for the Purchasing team. You’ll allocate camp supply expenses to the correct accounts, and submit expense reports to the Finance department in an efficient and timely manner.
- You’ll collaborate and work closely with the Technology team as a liaison for the Warehouse. You’ll track and communicate needs for deploying technology hardware to camp sites.
- You’ll be stealth manager of incoming requests from our staff teams during the camp season, responding quickly and warmly, helping to ensure their supply support needs are heard and and met.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree and/or position-specific work experience
- Proven ability to follow through with projects and get into the details
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Suites, and the ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment.
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs
Galileo Learning’s Warehouse, 2350 Davis Avenue, Hayward, CA